Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photos Vector Images

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vector images from Adobe Photos.

How to select one and use it as a single image for editing, as they are many in one image file?

How to preserve the scalatility of the vector file?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

@svilen5C9E 

You need to download the ai/eps version after you purchase, then open the vector image in Adobe Illustrator or another vector editor. In Illustrator, all the Eagles may be grouped together. If so, ungroup them. The individual eagles may or may not be grouped, but can still be selected.

If you have trouble, open the Layers panel in Illustrator. Or post the Adobe Stock # so we can look at it.

You can only preserve the scalability of a vector file with a vector application. Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@svilen5C9E 

You need to download the ai/eps version after you purchase, then open the vector image in Adobe Illustrator or another vector editor. In Illustrator, all the Eagles may be grouped together. If so, ungroup them. The individual eagles may or may not be grouped, but can still be selected.

If you have trouble, open the Layers panel in Illustrator. Or post the Adobe Stock # so we can look at it.

You can only preserve the scalability of a vector file with a vector application. Photoshop is a raster application, so it won't work with Photoshop.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Jane

Thank you so much for reaching out and helping me with this. Just wanted to say how grateful I am for giving some of your time so that I can resolve the issue.

I was wondering also if you can explain how to remove text that has been added to background?  Is it the same principle? 

See the file attached - how to remove "Cyber Monday" from the actual image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane

I am trying to learn how to use Illustrator now, and I tried to use this
file for my practice. I still can't figure out how to select an individual
icon from the group of icons, and how to save it as a vector file.

https://stock.adobe.com/uk/images/outline-web-icons-set-search-engine-optimization-thin-line-web-ico...
<>

[image: image.png]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @svilen5C9E 

The two things I see first are:

• there is one 8.5" x 11" artboard and everything else spills of off it because the artwork is 83.3" x 37.5"
  • everything is in one group — Ungroup it, then Deselect

janee_0-1659027971575.png

The first object is one compound path, so you can select and reuse it. It is approximatel 338 x 331.5 px and can be scaled proportionally. The anchor is also one compound path.

janee_1-1659028325063.png

I clicked the second icon. It is part of 12 sections of one compound path. Going into isolation mode, all the ones in blue are part of this one compound path.

janee_2-1659028593491.png

If you then click, you will get one path — in this case, I only have the rectangle for the computer screen in the back.

janee_3-1659028676582.png

You can drag to select and select all pieces of one of the 12 icons in this one compound path.

• Cut or copy
  • Exit isolation mode
  • Paste

It will now be out of the group of 12

janee_4-1659028914107.png

Repeat for each icon you want to use if it is part of a larger compound path.

I still can't figure out how to select an individualicon from the group of icons, and how to save it as a vector file.
By @svilen5C9E

IMHO, this file was set up poorly for a new user. To save it as a vector file, save it in Illustrator in .ai format. Do a Save As to preserve the original.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines