• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop 2020 > New Warp-Tool useless...?

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 🙂

I have installed the latest Photoshop-Version!

But now there is a big Problem with the new "enhanced" Warp-Tool...

I can't make a rounded Warping anymore!

If I try to adjust the handles, it makes a Rotation...

And I'm not able to Warp (for example) an Label with an rounding to an Cup anymore...

It's a little bit hard to describe, because my English isn't perfect 😉

But I have try it out, and it's definately not possible anymore like it was before...

[moved from Photoshop Discussions to Photoshop Bugs by moderator]

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this Type of Transformations you could use the new Cylindrical Transform Warp Tool 🙂

Cylindrical Transform Warp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True... but the cylinder I used was just for the purpose of demonstrating a simple shape to transform to. The dysfunctional way the envelope works is still the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this help, but you can "convert" your Cylindrical TransformWarp to a normal Mesh and add Lines (vertical or horizontally) to adjust the CylindricalTransformation further

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i've bugged the issue seen in #2 several times and demontrated the issue to the PM in charge of Warp and they either can't or won't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re right! Since version 2023 it feels fixed.

Only issue I still have is when I copy paste my Illustrator artwork directly as Smart Object the warp functionality is limited and the distortion you add mirrors to the other side. Weird. But when I place the artwork as pixels and then turn it in a Smart Object all works fine. Now every editing done in Illustrator can be copy paste as pixels within the Smart object. A little workaround but it works for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting... I was demonstrating on a checker pattern I made in Illustrator and pasted into PS. I had left it as vector, but had turned it into a smart object again within Photoshop. Will have to try out rasterising it first next time I am on the PC. We shouldn't have to though. PS has always had limited ability to distort Illustrator smart objects so I have always reapplied the process of turning them into objects again... requiring 'clicking into' the smart object a couple of stages to edit in Illustrator again. One day Adobe may get it right. I live in hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as AndewDyer mentioned...once you paste your Illustrator Smart Object into PS, click that layer and "create Smart Object". It's counter intuitive that you would need to make a Smart Object out of a Smart Object but that way is the most efficient and will then allow you to apply a warp within your first document and avoid placeing as pixels. This preserves the link to your Illustrator file and allows you to update it...though you now have a middle step of a second PS window. Give it a try. If my description doesn't make sense, hit me up again here 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines