• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Extended CS6

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not get Adobe Photoshop Extended CS6 Mac, program to start. I purchased this program as a one time purchase.

Product code: [Code removed]

Email it was registered to was [email removed]. This email address has been replaced with [email removed]. When I try to open the program I get a red box with a white circle and a white slash line. If I try to reinstall the program, the install folder is red with a white circle and a white slash line.

Carlos Ramirez

[email removed]

[Personal information removed for your protection on a public forum.]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bought this recently it would, sadly, not be an official version - ask for a refund and beware that you may have downloaded some malware.

Do not include personal information on this public forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mac model are you installing on, and what version of macOS?

Photoshop CS6 Mac was released over ten years ago for Intel-based Macs. If you are using a Mac with an Apple Silicon processor, or if the Mac is running one of the last three versions of macOS (13, 12, or 11), then Photoshop CS6 cannot install or run because it is too old and not compatible.

The currrent version of Photoshop runs on recent versions of macOS and on current Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I bought the software about ten years ago. The mac is intel and mac I
version is 10.15.7
I just want photoshop to run like when I installed it.
Again, I have not upgraded the Mac besides latest OS.
Carlos Ramirez
Live as if you were to die tomorrow;
learn as if you were to live forever.
--Gandhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually I am updating my earlier post, because I did an Internet search and found that the last version of macOS that could run 32-bit applications is macOS 10.14 Mojave. So if your Mac is running macOS 10.15 or later, it cannot run old 32-bit apps like Photoshop CS6.

If you want to run Photoshop CS6 on that Mac, you will want to downgrade to macOS 10.14 or earlier.

If your Mac must run macOS 10.15, then you can run Photoshop version 23, which is available if you have a Creative Cloud subscription. However, becauase Apple and Adobe increase system requirements every year, macOS 10.15 cannot run the latest Photoshop version 24. And because Adobe keeps only the two most recent versions in the Creative Cloud installer, it is likely that with next fall’s updates version 23 will no longer be available to install. So if you need to run Photoshop on macOS 10.15, although you can install it today it will not be available to install after a while, so never uninstall it from that Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white circle and white slash line tells all. The installer is a 32 bit app which can't run on MacOS 10.15 and above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Carlos28506001nk71 unfortunately you broke the first rule of running out of date software - never update.

@gener7 is correct starting with Mac OS 10.15.x 32-bit installers (and software) will no longer run on this Mac.

You have two options - either upgrade your PS to Creative Cloud for $9.99/mo or downgrade your OS to Mojave 10.14 or older.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines