• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Forums

Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I read many who upgraded Photoshop just to get the latest version of ACR are not willing to be trapped in Adobe Cloud. Now it seems that new camera support will be made available to these users via a dumb down version of ACR 8 that is in Adobe Cloud for Photoshop CS6. That Photoshop CS6 will continued to be available for the foreseeable future.

Given this it may be appropriate time to start a new forum on Adobe forum web site. So there are Photoshop Forums for the different user groups where the dumb down version can be discussed.
Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Perpetual and Photoshop Clouded…

JJMack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yes that had been announced and promised some time ago. 

Wonder of wonders, yesterday the Adobe Updater, accessible through the Photoshop Help menu, updated my Perpetual License Photoshop 13.0.5 (CS6, Mac) with the final release of ACR 8.1, which of course becomes what you call the dumbed-down version.

It adds support for new camera models but does not provide the added functionality and controls of ACR 8.x hosted by Photoshop 14.x ("CC").

Coincidentally, I received an email from BH Photo announcing Lightroom 5 for $149 shipping as of tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lightroom 5 for $149" - like I'm going to be buying more Adobe software anytime soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neglected to add that I wholeheartedly support your idea of separate Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Perpetual and Photoshop Clouded forums (and another one for LR).  However I don't think that the endorsement by you and yours truly, two outspoken critics, will have much impact with ADobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd fully support Adobe creating a JJ & s2 Forum in the basement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There already are dedicated Lightroom and Photoshop Elements Fora.

A Forum for CC as opposed to perpetual license might make sense, but when someone at Adobe seems to think it is OK to mash together the Help/Reference for multiple versions of Photoshop let’s just hope the Forum administrators are out of their reach …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

There is already a Ps Elements forum. And we do already discuss about dumbed down version in the Ps forum, since it is not segregated by version;) If 8.1 on CS6 is a dumbed down version compared to CC, so is ACR 6.x compared to 7.X

Other forums separate the versions, I'm thinking about the Premiere Pro ones. I don't know if it does not simply bring more work for the moderators, to move the misplaced threads...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those that do respond to questions, and are not going to migrate to the CC, it would be very helpful to get some kind of a spread sheet on  differences between CS6 and CC.  Items to include: features in 8.1 that CS6 users will not get, added features of CC and how to activate, increased demands of GPU, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Y wrote:

For those that do respond to questions, and are not going to migrate to the CC…

One wonders how much longer we'd be willing to stick around…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many are gluttons for punishment.  But most questions are rather general, and we see over and over again in some form or another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

Curt Y wrote:

For those that do respond to questions, and are not going to migrate to the CC…

One wonders how much longer we'd be willing to stick around…

I for one will dissapear, when CC is released I will no longer subscribe to these forums.

So bye bye to all the friends I've made here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, no one is going to miss me, for sure.  Losing you, Paul, is a whole 'nother story.  You never cease to amaze me with your scripting powers.

Where do scripting wizards hang out?  I'm trying to find one willing to update the afplonkjive js script.

Thank you for your contributions all these years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I for one will dissapear, when CC is released I will no longer subscribe to these forums.

That is unfortunate.

You have provided invaluable help and advice to me and many other Photoshop users, so : Thank you for your contributions.

I hope you will continue being active over at ps-scripts.com/ at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pierre,

We are quite aware of the existence of the Ps Emements forum.  We refer stray posters there all the time.

What JJ is proposing—and I fully support—is splitting this forum into Cloud and Perpetual license.  It would eliminate a lot of confusion and clutter.  Those of us who are sticking to Perpetual License will have no interest in CC issues, and viceversa.

On the other hand, Adobe will prefer to keep them together in order to taunt, tease and entice perpetual licensees to climb onto the Cloud leech wagon. 

I know that my fading dream of going back to separate Mac and Windows Photoshop forum is not likely to materialize anytime soon, but that would be a blessing too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

…On the other hand, Adobe will prefer to keep them together in order to taunt, tease and entice perpetual licensees to climb onto the Cloud leech wagon…

Hehehe…  My own reference to bloodsuckers might inspire a designer to come up with a CC-themed logo for the Creative Cloud

Adobe_CC_Trnsparent_Leeches.png          Adobe_CC_leeches.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I don't see enough difference - at least not initially - to make a separate forum for Good Guys (those who send boatloads of money to Adobe continuously) and Stingy Suckers (those who bought something way back when). 

Of course you know I'm kidding here; just trying to keep it fun. 

Those of you claiming to be ready to leave and never come back, I urge you to reconsider.

For one thing, you DO get something out of being here, or you wouldn't be here.  I have on several occasions myself stomped off because of something Adobe did wrong or badly, but I've come back when I either got bored of being gone or Adobe actually fixed something (hey, it DOES happen, it's not just a myth). 

And Ramon (blunt_meanswell), I for one WOULD miss you.  I think you bring a lot of great experience and insight to the forum, no matter HOW many other folks find you blunt, no matter WHAT kind of computer you choose to use.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I for one do not want to leave but I need a place to hang around in.  My head is not in the cloud in fact I want no part of it.  That is why I suggested  splitting off a Photoshop Perpetual forum.  As Photoshop evolves in the cloud files save with the clouded version will not be useable in CS6.  The clouded versions UI and features will also change.  CS6 as it stands is not backwards compatible and of course is not forward compatible with the cloud.   So like Elements is a different product them Photoshop.  Photoshop CS6 is a different product then Photoshop CC. 

Many of the features in Photoshop CC are Photoshop extended features that not needed for digital photography.  If I wanted to get into Video I would be looking at the cloud for Adobe Premiere Pro and after effects. Doing video well is hard work.  If I were looking for 3d I be looking at Autodesk 3D Max but after looking at Blender and Sketchup 3D is too much like work.  I'm retired don't want to work and I derive no income from using Photoshop.  Adobe does not want users like me they want cash flowing in at all times from all their users. So their user also need cash flowing in as well.  Older retired folks have fixed incomes and some savings. Cash flows out faster and faster because of inflation.  Gas, oil, electricity and other essentials like food are constant drains that can not be avoided.   The Adobe cloud is not a drain I want sucking away at my resources. So I will forego Adobe Cloud like many others will do.

Adobe own product  support is very poor.  The best Adobe product support come from usere in forums like this one.  That is why I want a  Photoshop Perpetual forum.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee, Noel, now you're making me blush. 

Thank you for the kind words.  That's very gracious of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Noel Carboni wrote:

Personally I don't see enough difference - at least not initially - to make a separate forum for Good Guys (those who send boatloads of money to Adobe continuously) and Stingy Suckers (those who bought something way back when).  …

[emphasis added]

LOL !  That's a great one.  Love it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines