• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Problem with zooming by trackpad

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'v problem whith photoshop 2021 when i zooming with trackpad the zoom going so slowly i need help to fix this problem.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you pinching to zoom and in out? What about zooming in and out in other apps? Try it right now, reading this :). 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you checked trackpad settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is a mac trackpad preferences issue. All other apps, the trackpads are responsive. Photoshop CC 2021 latest update... Trackpad is super buggy, laggy and boarderline unusable for some tasks. Please see my attached video example. And thats a 1080 x 1080 canvas... Imagine this scaled up for larger files...

I know it might look like I zoomed in and out alot and it needed to catch up but theres no way the lag was EVER this bad in previous versions. Please PLEASE someone flag this so it can be fixed.. this becasue its unbarable 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your movie isn't playing for me, but I don't have any problems on my Macbook Pro running Big Sur or my old iMac running Catalina and I'm running the latest update in PS. I live and die by my trackpad. Try the keyboard shortcut space + cmd and see if you are getting the same result. That will tell us if it's a trackpad issue or a PS zoom issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running the upto-date Catalina on a 2018 MacBook Pro Vega20 32GB RAM. It's not 'New' but i wouldnt say it should struggle with small PS files. The keyboard zooming shortcuts are snappy! No lagging! Like i said, no other app is exhibiting this issue. 

Its almost like photoshop is 'sampling' the trackpad data too many times and cant keep up? Because cmd & - / + is a single increment e.g. 50% to 100%...etc - however when you pinch to zoom, you see the zoom level moving between each percent e.g. 200% - 201, 202, 203, 204...etc and its almost like generating the preview at each increment is causeing the lag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's definitely the track pad if you zoom is working other ways. I have not idea what would cause that. I suggest resetting the preference. Hopefully someone more hardware oriented can help you yout. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a good guess,  misinterpreting 'mouse' data.   Odd bug - indicates ADOBE inadvertantly induced an error in trackpad pinch/zoom API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it all back - I am having problems on my iMac running Catalina - it's unusable to zoom this way. It's mostly working on my laptop but sometimes gets a little wonky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly my problem, I have macbook pro 2019 the trackpad working normally and the zoom works good with all adobe apps except photoshop.

Can you help me to fix this problem.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue on my MBP. (It was never a problem before the 2021 update. Currently I am on the 22.3.0 release.) It's like driving a schoolbus on ice--even when I tell it to stop, the file just keeps zooming until it slows to a stop on its own. I have to make quick small gestures and hope that I got it right. Sadly it's unusable right now. The trackpad works perfectly when I switch to other programs (including Indesign). Photoshop seems to be the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen. Are you on Catalina or BigSur? Im guessing when you do the keyboard shortcuts cmd & -/+ the zoom is fine? It is undoubtedly a PS compatability issue or bug. I'm gonna install an older version. Its just annoying knowing that moving forward, newer PS versions are going to be useless on this hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Big Sur. It certainly could be fixed if Adobe wanted, it's a matter of how many people are affected.  Hopefully this one makes it up the priority stack. I'm sad you're experiencing this too, but glad I'm not the only one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot: yes, the 'Cmd +/-' shortcuts are working well for me. They just jump too far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! It is SO frustrating! I did set the grid subdivisions from 4 (default) to 1, and that seems to have helped a bit, but this lag has certainly made the workflow difficult. Hoping Adobe fixes this soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem.  Running Big Sur,  Tried reverting to PS 22.3 .. The first time I did this, the problem seemed better, then I accidentally upgraded and now revert DOES NOT solve the problem.  Leading me to think this is an element in the PS libary.    Problem manifests itself as zooming past a point and lagging.

It's disfunctional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Referencing Pinch zoom.   And yes trackpad works on all other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wow. 2 years later and apparently no change. have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines