Hey! I have a script I developed that I use everyday along with a whole team of editors. The company I work for is looking at outsourcing some of the editing, but the freelancer that it would be outsourced to uses CS5.
Are the scripts that work with the more up to date versions of Photoshop generally compatible with older versions of photoshop like CS5? Is there a way I can download CS5 with my current CC membership to do testing?
Here is an outline of the Script without getting into too much detail.
This script can be executed individually, as a Droplet, or as part of a batch process.
This script was created 04/19/2023 and currently works with Adobe Photoshop 2021, 2022, and 2023.
This script uses a mixutre of Adobe Photoshop's DOM and action manager.
This script is to be used with the following file naming convention: SKU_v#.tif
An example of this would be 12345_v1.tif
The SKU is the first part of the file name and the version number is the second part of the file name.
This script will:
1. Ensure Quick Mask Mode is off.
2. Ensure the file naming convention is correct.
3. Establish a Save Path.
4. Scan the document for text layers.
- If text layers are found, the script will copy their contents to the clipboard, and then send it to a new txt file in the Save Path's location
5. Ensure the color mode, color space, and bit depth are correct.
6. Scan the document for empty folders with layer masks, and then send them to a folder called "Clips"
7. Scan the Active Documents Layers for a layer named "Retouch" in the "Product" Layerset.
8. If a layer named "Retouch" is found, the script will: Run the Crop portion of the this script
9. If a layer named "Retouch" is not found, the script will: Begin establishing the layout of layersets and layers for the file.
-Unlock Background Layer
-Deselect all Layers
-Select All Art Layers
-Create a group from the layers and convert it to a Smart Object Named "Original"
-Move it to the front of the Layers Panel
-Duplicate the Smart Object
-Rename the Smart Object to "Retouch Group"
-Select the "Original" Smart Object, lock it, set it as red, and toggle its visibility
-Create a Group, rename it to "Product", and set it as blue (This is for Art Layers)
-Create a Group, rename it to "Color", and set it as violet (This is for adjustment Layers)
-Select the "Retouch Group" Smart Object, and move it into the "Product" Group
-Convert the "Retouch Group" Smart Object to a layers
-Delete the "Retouch Group" Layerset, but not its contents
-Set the bottom layer of the "Retouch Group" to "Retouch"
-Create a new solid color layer of pure white, rename it to "White BKG", set it to red, and send it to the bottom of layers panel
-Move any text layers to the Front in a group called "Text Layers"
-Move any empty folders with layer masks to a folder called "Clips"
10. Run the Crop portion of the script
-Make a selection of the "Retouch" layer's Layer Mask
-Crop the image to the selection
-Make the Canvas Square based on the longest side of the image
-Add a 5% buffer to the canvas
11. Add Guides to the image at the edge of the Retouch layer's Layer Mask
12. Script Will be completed at this point.
Here is what the Layers Panel Looks like
A quick sample of a portion of the code