• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Preview CC & Photoshop CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i update photoshop cc 2017 to 2018 this morning..and shock~ i can't preview my photoshop app design on iphone ..and i found the answer..
"Device Preview is no longer available in this release. Additionally, the Preview CC iOS app is no longer available for download or actively maintained as of October 2017. If you have a previously-downloaded version of Preview CC on your iOS device, you can continue to use it on an as-is basis with earlier versions of Photoshop"

so now.. how can i get real-time previews of my Photoshop designs on iOS devices ?

why Adobe takes off this feature??? TT....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely, your point is well received Grokked.

I am also a user just like you and I miss Preview as well. You are right, XD is not a replacement for this, it is just the alternative we have right now. I am with you in hoping that Preview, a major XD update to add those same features Preview has, or some alternative is brought back soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Telling us to use XD and it's easy to use and all that is great in theory. Until you have to pay an additional $20/mo just to use XD to use device previewing. This is such ridiculous (but unfortunately common) behavior for a huge company like Adobe. If it's not broken, don't fix it!! I'll keep my 2017 CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a valid point Galkon!

I see that abramov.pro said that Canvas was a good solution if you ever come back to 2018. I am with you in hoping that Preview or something similar comes back soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

ok so you are asking us to use Xd.... but this does not have a preview on mobile feature also.... so what do we now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD does indeed have a mobile preview feature and a corresponding mobile app and it works quite well. That said, the preview app for Photoshop also worked quite well and should have remained a part of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The existence of the Preview experience in Adobe XD is of consequentially zero interest if you haven't noticed. We want the Preview feature in Photoshop. People who use XD like me still want it in Photoshop. Can you please provide a reason for its removal from Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. I just found out this morning that they removed this feature. I've used it extensively and still used it until I updated Photoshop last week. The decision to remove this little feature is completely retarded. Adobe says it's for performance improvement. Really, now that everyone has super powerful computers ? Working with Photoshop has been part of my workflow for years now and I don't really have that much time to switch to another software because of ONE feature that's gone. I will end up using either XD (or Sketch or Invision Studio... I don't know yet) in a near future, but I cannot do that in 2 days, while working on several projects where I need to be able to quickly check how my designs look on mobile. So please, Adobe people, stop making stupid-ass decisions like this and bring back this feature in Photoshop. We're not paying a monthly subscription to get kind of annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

I use Photoshop to make ads for iPhone and iPad for large companies like Disney and Universal that involve illustrations and creating within Photoshop.  It's crucial that I can view these quickly on my mobile devices.  Having to save an image and open it in XD or send to my devices takes a lot of time out of my work day since I'd be doing it many times a day.  Please consider bringing this product back.

Does anyone know of third party plug-ins that do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skala Preview

Its a very good alternative to Device Preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know another Photoshop Plugin name PsMirror can do the same job as Device Preview does.

I am using it.

01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody! If this is the case, I recommend putting this iOS application:

Canvas for Photoshop в App Store

It seems to work well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This totally solves my problem.  Thanks for suggesting Canvas for Photoshop!  Woohoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jokes. Looks like Adobe has pulled Adobe Preview CC mobile app from the App store. Thanks for recommending Canvas for Photoshop, it works the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? Unreal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arf doesn't work with windows....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing!!! HIGHLY recommend downloading this for iphone users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uninstalled 2018 and downgraded back to 2017 because of this. Adobe, I seriously cannot believe the ignorance behind this decision. Why would you remove one of the absolute best features of Photoshop CC 2017 and kill UI designers incentive to keep using CC products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very frustrating, I use Adobe Preview so much in my work. Let's hope they realise their mistake and bring it back. Might have to downgrade in the meantime, which is a shame as I really like the new search function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustration. I was really happy with device preview and now! Same with Reflow and other tools.

I think I need to move to a non Adobe mockup tool. Photoshop and XS seems not to be the right choice and further I don´t want to use software which changes all 3 months. Updates and improvements o.k. but not unexepexted software and features downgrades. That´s the problem with subscription packages. We all are slaves of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is crap, but if you have a mac you have nothing to worry about.

Use the app we used before Adobe Preview

Skala Preview

skala-preview-hero.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory yes. But I tried Skala out, and the performance was far worse than Device Preview built into Photoshop CC itself. I actually have 0 performance issues with Device Preview on 2017 CC, so their claim that it was for performance is BS. Skala is really laggy and intensive on resources for me. I had to resort to downgrading back to 2017 CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you it's amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skala does not solve the problem. With several devices I have seen several different previews from photoshop. This skala does not offer, it is convenient to work with one resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of this one feature prompts me to switch to sketch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with everyone here. I'm using XD AND Photoshop and I really counted on Device Preview. This doesn't make any sense! How about an official response?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines