• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe "Spaces Helper process", how disable it?

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why we have those 3 process runing now in PS CC 2017? I would like to not have those 3 process runing while using PS, in a previous version of PS i never saw those runing:

Screenshot_4.jpg

Some idea how to Disable those 3 process?

PD: I tried to search for the service to Disable it but with no luck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

See if going to Edit>Preferences>General, unchecking Show Messages and restarting photoshop makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe would need to answer you question as the what there there for.  You could try ending those three processes and see if Photoshop CC 2017 still functions. Photoshop cc2017 may however required them to be running  like the three CEPHtmlEngines.exe process.  Whe you close down Photoshop CC 2017 they also close down.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't end any of those 3, they back instantly.

And yes if i close PS, the processes end.

LOCATION: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-Ins\Spaces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if Photoshop CC 2017 keeps starting them and you do not want them close CC 2017 and open CC 2015.5.   Who knows what CC 2017 is usent the for a new feature or a changed feature most likely.  Perhaps someone the works for Adobe may comment on that.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if going to Edit>Preferences>General, unchecking Show Messages and restarting photoshop makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol that was it, your method works! was so simple like that. Thx u!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no different

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to Edit>Preferences>General, unchecking Show Messages and then restarting photoshop cc 2017.1.1 works on

windows 10 x64 to stop the Adobe Spaces helper.exe like in the original posters screenshots.

What version of photoshop and operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my adobe version and operating system is cc 2017.1.1 and windows10 x64 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you uncheck Show Messages and restart photoshop, the 3 Adobe Spaces Helper.exe processes are still running?

When you restart photoshop is Show Messages still unchecked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What messages are shown when you check "show messages".  If it's unchecked will one miss a personal message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't uncheck Show Messages. Anyone know why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2017 Windows 7, Show messages is unchecked and greyed out, this is the default setting and currently cannot be changed, and has never been changed to my knowledge, but multiple Adobe Spaces Helper.exe processes are visible in the task manager. Is it possible there is another use for these processes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also on Windows 7 and this process was hanging my launch of Photoshop. I ended up renaming Adobe Spaces Helper.exe to another filename so it wasn't called on. Now my Photoshop starts up fine. Obviously not an ideal fix, but worked for me in a pinch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this fixed in CC/PS 2017 by disabling the messages.  Worked perfect until the new update CC 2018.  
I decided to try the fix that was old in this thread C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces

I renamed the files and it's not loading and taking up CPU space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arm yourselves with these two little apps:

Process Blocker:

https://www.processblocker.com/

Autoruns:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

These two tools eliminate all of Adobes uninvited process intrusions, you can prevent most from running with Autoruns, and block any you can't with Process Blocker.

Kill the problem at source

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's back with CC 2018, and there's no option to uncheck "Show Messages". Any other suggestions to remedy this? Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could not find the "Show Messages", I may have found it in CC 2019 under Preferences>Tools> uncheck Show Rich Tooltips.  Goodluck!

Edit: I found that this still causes it to open. Next I disallowed it at the Regedit level and it still opened. Alas, I located the .exe file here: 
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces\Adobe Spaces Helper.exe
then I simply cut and pasted it to a backup folder located somewhere else.  It is no longer running constantly. I hope it helps.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry that it took so long to reply. Lol. My system just started freezing and crashing so here I am. Goodluck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have CC 2018 (19.0) and i don't see "show messages" in preferences>general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines