Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice re shrinking art

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't use Photoshop a lot but when I do, I really need it. 

I make pictures of dogs with water color pencil which I scan. They are roughly 8 x 10 or 11 x 14. Then I need to downsize them to roughly 1" x 1" and sometimes 3" x 3". I really need to keep them as close to the original quality as possible, except for the size. I then need to copy them on a laser jet printer and then transfer the image to polymer clay and insert them into silver jewelry.

Can someone make some suggestions on settings so that I get the best quality photos possible? Whenever I do this something goes wrong and the picture increasinglyIMG_2960.jpeg loses integrity. I need to do it on a regular basis and would love to automate this too!

Many thanks,

Vanessa N Weber

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The image should look sharper. Make sure the resampling is not marked. This will lock the pixel dimensions. Forcing the ppi to increase. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines