• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effect type plasma effects for Photoshop?

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm a long-time Photoshop user and know the default features of the application very well. But one thing I've yet to find is a plugin or filter that can produce the plasma and light effects that are in After Effects or Premiere for video, but for static images. I've tried to search the plugins and filters for Photoshop CC but see nothing like what I am after. Plasma magic ball looped animation Motion Background - Videoblocks

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rogers,

As you're looking for plasma effect in Photoshop, just did a quick search on the internet and found an action that might be helpful: https://graphicriver.net/item/plasma-photoshop-action/12814548

Please let us know if you find it helpful.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That is a little different than I was looking for, but I do like it and may buy it for other purposes!

Roger Starnes

Graphic Designer + Web

R+L Carriers | Media Design Department

937.382.1494 x1906

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking for a video effect, or still image?

This one one is weak but available

render flame on a path.  Plus a Hue/Sat layer to change the colour

This is Eye Candy 7 > set to Electrify (I think).  It only  works from the outer edge of the layer or selection, so I used the effect twice here, with the second on a black painted inner shape set to Screen.  I also blurred the inner shape to soften the transition into the effect.

If I had to do it from scratch, I'd be looking at the lightning effects using Difference clouds.   You have to invert the layer after applying the DCs, and use curves or levels to harden it up and take out the mid tones.  It's a bit random though

What I have done here is invert the Difference Clouds layer above, and use Pro Digital's Star Filter Pro on it.  I just went with the default  settings, but you get huge control over the stars.   AFAIK you can only change the star colour one by one, so I clipped a  Hue/sat layer to it set to  colorize.

Looking at your first post again, I can see I have gone off a massive tangent, so sorry about that.

Smoke brushes would get  close to the AE  effect you showed us.

[EDIT]  I am thinking that the movement is what makes this effect smoke and some radial lines.  All a bit quick and dirty by way of demonstration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes a google image search "plasma ball effect" can return some good graphic recourses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ScooterD76. I did the 'easy' search, but was not happy with the results I got so I thought this group could help. So far Sahil.Chawla is the closest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Just a thought.

If you have After Effects you can:

1. Import your PSD file to After Effects  as layers  (in AE use Import >File)

2. Apply the effects

3. Use Composition >Save Frame As > Photoshop Layers to export a PSD file complete with layers, based on the selected frame, that you can continue to work with in Photoshop.

I have used this several times in order to use After Effects effects

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines