• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI fill and instagram

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the AI fill feature in Photoshop to remove blemishes from the background of a photo and uploaded it to Instagram. An "AI-generated" tag was automatically added to the image on Instagram. I am curious if this tag is applied because Photoshop embeds a watermark indicating AI generation, or if Instagram's own AI image algorithm independently detects the use of AI tools.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your Photoshop > Preferences > History & Content Credentials settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the wrong tool for the job. Don't use generative fill just to remove blemishes. Use the healing tools or the remove tool.

That said, apparently instagram has its own algorithms that tends to give false positives. Not on instagram so no experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems like a problematic approach on Instagram’s part but I expect they might prefer to err on the side of caution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. Are they using ai-algorithms to detect ai-content? That's an interesting twist 😉 😄

I've noticed lately that it's really easy to spot Chat GPT posts here in the forum. You see it right away. So why wouldn't the same apply to ai-generated images? The quality I always jump at is the blandness. It's like a person speaking with no facial expression at all, just the mouth moving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you mention it there seem to be strange posts on this Forum occassionally by users with no real posting history. 

If they are indeed AI-creations I wonder who drops them here, to what point and to what degree the process is automated? 

Does registering here not require a CC license now which would mean actual monetary costs? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've wondered too about what the purpose is. Training? Not sure how that would work. In any case, there's quite a few of them.

No, I don't think you need a paid CC license to post here. You just need to set up an account, just like everywhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've wondered too about what the purpose is. Training?

I share that suspicion though I am not sure how efficient the »harvesting« can be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines