• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ai selection tool can I teach it?

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am professional photographer and editer. I work with jewellery images every day.

Occasionally to make my life easier I use the menu item Select>Subject and it does a good job. but not always. As far as I know this is AI powered. So my question is can it learn from me? Or could it learn from me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Select > Subject doesn't learn from you, you have to "fine tune" the selection to suit your requirements.

There are lots of ways to do this, such as selecting Q to apply a Quick Mask (before applying the Layer Mask) and using the brush tool to add and subtract from the Selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes exactly what I do, at the moment. I didn't know if they might be able to use us in the field to gain knowledge, the subject tool can't recognize an inside space from a part of the jewellery.

I take it all the Ai stuff is in the adobe factory‽ 

It's different too from the neural filters? Am I right in thinking these are uploaded to the adobe analyzed and then sent back to us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know how the actions work, but I wouldn't have thought you would have to be online to use them once they are installed.

One thing worth having a look at are the Quick Actions, which are rather hidden away and are found under Help > Photoshop Help ...
Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 09.22.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines