• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Airbrush brush?

New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to photoshop, using the latest version, but is there no specific 'Airbrush brush? l know there's the option to use any brush in the airbrush mode, but i can't seem to find a specific brush just for airbrush.

Thanks for any help! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NadiaSon You can use any brush along with the airbrush setting to simulate airbrushing in Photoshop:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-modifying-brushes.html

This tutorial gives a good explanation on how to adjust brush tips:

https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/photoshop-brushes/brush-dynamics/shape-dynamics/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have the Brush tool selected click the little drop-down arrow next to the brush size icon on the upper tool bar. The drop-down menu has settings for the brush size and hardness. Those settings alone can give you a very airbrush-like brush, especially if you're using a pressure sensitive graphics tablet. There are folders below containing a variety of brush presets, including some that are similar to an airbrush. The tiny gear icon at the right will open the Brush Settings palette to provide more advanced settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also there are »airbrush« Brush Tips with further settings (Spatter, …). 

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 13.14.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
How can i have this brush tip ?
I'm using photoshop latest version on Windows 11, i can't see any of the brush tips that you are showing.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, Brush Settings, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The main ingredient of a Photoshop airbrush preset is to have Build Up checked.  This causes the brush to continue laying down 'paint' for so long as you have the mouse button pressed, or stylus in contact with tablet.

image.png

You need to start with low opacity for this to make sense of this, but if you are using a tablet, set Opacity Jitter to Pen Pressure

image.png

To access the airbrush c.p. showed, select the brush tool and right click inside the document window.

Click on the little cog icon top right corner, and load the Legacy Brushes

It's helpful to have all of the options I have highlighted turn on, and essential to at least have the Search Bar enabled.

image.png

With the Lewgacy brushes in the main brush panel, start typing AIR into the search bar.

These are the droids presets you are looking for.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines