• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Align layers to artboard

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Photoshop 2024 and now I cannot align layers to their artboards. I used to be able to select a layer and then select the artboard in the layers panel and then click the align center button or whatever and it would align the layer to the artboard. There is no option to do that now.

Additionally, the align buttons are all hidden in a dropdown menu. This makes it way more difficult to use.

Is there a way to change the way this works back to the old way?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the artboard "folder" or the layer to align within the artboard "folder".

Select All.

Select the layer to align, then align to selection as required.

Photoshop can only have 1 canvas, the canvas contains all arboards as artboards are just a programming trick/hack based on layer groups, they are just like a mask/window revealing a smaller area of the entire canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@timz67519437 

How did you go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines