• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ALL BRUSHES ARE GONE AFTER RECENT UPDATE ...

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

all my over the last few month downloaded and installed brushes are gone after the recent Photoshop Update! Where are they? I did not delete them and I can not find them in the brushes panel.

Where did Photoshop store my brushes when I installed some downloaded or custom made brushes? How is the path to this custom installed brushes if i imported them, because I have several time machine backups of the last few weeks, where my installed brushes are for shure included, but I do not know, where they are.

In Application/Adobe Photoshop CC 2019/Presets/Brushes there are only "Converted Legacy Tool Presets.abr" and "Legacy Brushes.abr" but none of my huge collection of other brushes!

Is there another location where my installed brushes has been stored?

Please help me, do I have to install them all again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Hi pp4841592,

Sorry that your custom brush library in Photoshop is missing after a recent app update.

It seems that the Preferences in Creative Cloud desktop was left marked checked when you updated the app. To keep or not keep prior version preferences (which includes presets, brushes, actions, workspaces), make sure that's unchecked: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html#Autoupdate?mv=product&mv...

Otherwise, make back ups of your user library to make copies of y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Hi Akash,

thank you so much 🙂 🙂 ... I could restore all my brushes from the time machine backup by fetching back the user library preferences. I am so happy, thank you.

Greets.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, this never happened before for me either T_T so annoying!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines