• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ALT, SHIFT, and CTRL pop up under cursor

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I upgraded to windows 10 my Photoshop was running perfectly on CC 2014, with my tablet experience being treated different form other applications.  Avoiding such things such as, "press and hold to right click" and t"ext boxes for ALT, SHIFT and CTRL", but now in windows 10 my Photoshop is treated exactly like all other services with the annoying pop up text boxes and blue circles being formed when holing it down and right clicking.  Does anyone have a fix for this issue.  I am using a Wacom Intuos Pro Medium in Photoshop 2015/2014.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Yes the pop-up are from Windows INK turning off INK you will loose pressures sensitivity till you force the use of wintab API in newer Photoshop versions. 

1.       create a notepad and type in:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

save it as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt

2.       Open run command and type appdata and hit enter key

3.       Go to location:

Roaming - Adobe - Adobe Photoshop CC2015 - Adobe Photoshop CC2015 Settings

4.       Move  the PSUserConfig.txt file to Adobe Photoshop CC 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

???

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After driver installing , CTRL、ALT、SHIFT POPS NO OFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

POPS NO OFF.  ???

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSC03091.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submit a request to Microsoft then. I see no setting in the device manager or control panel pen and touch. It tries playing with all the setting I found.  I do not search the registry for Regedit search is broken in Windows 10 preview.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I'm a professional photographer and turning off windows Ink fixed the problems that were rendering my Intuos 4 (a vital part of my workflow) almost unusable. Of course, previously, that meant no pressure sensitivity, but your tip fixed it. No joke, I prayed aloud in thanks after seeing that this worked. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try adding the Wintab configuration file into your Photoshop user id preference folder. That should give you pressure sensitivity.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for my lack of clarity--that's the advice for which I was thanking you. It worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reading skill may be at fault there...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!
Windows Ink + Wacom Intuos + Photoshop were making photoshop menus very laggy ("ripple menus") and photoshop stopped responding when I used hot keys, only starting to respond again if I stopped hovering the pen over the tablet. When I turned off Windows Ink the problems went away but there was no pen pressure.

I've been searching for a fix for days and was almost giving up, but your fix worked for me, like a charm!

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¡AWESOME!

This actually worked for me... but after I managed to fix some missteps I did along the way:

I think the most important being that I saved the file literally as you indicated, but since I included the extension in the file-name while having the file extensions hidden in my computer, the ".txt" wasn't read as the file extension but just as the name of the notepad file. 

After I fixed that, it all went just right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And JJ lives on.  His designation of 'Legend' could not be more apt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Thank you it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2016 May 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a windows issue not a Wacom issue, to remove the annoying click animations and little bubbles described above, do this: type "gpedit.msc" in the command line window, navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Tablet PC > Cursor, then click "Turn off pen feedback" and ENABLE it......there you go all gone 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2016 Jun 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the solutions I could find and none worked.

What eventually DID work was the PSUserConfig file. But not at first. It seemed Photoshop didn't acknowledge the existance of it.

I'm not 100% sure how but it started working fine just now after yet another try so in total what i did was:

- clean install (uninstalling previously existing drivers and all Wacom related things from device manager under System preferences - right click on This Computer->Preferences) of the newest wacom drivers (plugging Wacom only after drivers installation and system reboot)

- Unchecking Windows Ink in Wacom Tablet Properties under Pen and Mapping tab

Sometimes Wacom haven't noticed the change of settings so to wake him up I switched throught other tabs, tested pressure in Wacom Pen properties tab or even rebooted the system

- Created a txt file with given lines and saved it as PSUserConfig and NOT PSUserConfig.txt. I think that the file name might have been a reason of previous failures (also mentioned here Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ? )

- Rebooted

- Upon photoshop opening (may not be important but this time I didn't use a shortcut but opened it directly from the root folder) I noticed that my work area covered all 3 monitors and Display Toggle button didn't work so I opened Wacom Preferences once again, switched through tabs to once again check if the Windows Ink is OFF and then while being on desktop tried Display Toggle again. It worked. Went back to photoshop and tried Brush. Everything worked fine. Pressure sensivity works and annoying CTRL/SHIFT/ALT cursor bubbles do not appear.

I hope it stays that way and works for other ppl.

BTW my Pen and Touch settings are:

Press and hold - OFF

Use the pen button as a right click equivalent - ON

Flicks - OFF

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
You have to go to settings of your Wacom table.
And Unmark/Uncheck the option "Use Windows Ink".
this is what you have to do, at least worked for me wacom.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked.

for someone who actively uses ALT SHIFT AND CTRL for keyboard/stylus combinations it is essential to disable this "feature".

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This removes pen pressure, unfortunately. The fix that worked for years is the PSUserconfig.txt file solution elsewhere in this thread, but recently it has begun causing lag for many of us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the fix!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also solved my click and pan problem in Opera browser. This function used to disappear at random points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello gents and ladies !

Let me share a solution that worked for me, and I hope will work for you too, without deactivating the "magic" Windows Ink.

"

1. Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

2. Type in the following lines:

UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt in the Photoshop settings folder: [Installation Drive]:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\

To turn off the reversion to WinTab in Photoshop, do one of the following:

• Delete the PSUSerConfig.txt file.
  • Change the lines so they read:

UseSystemStylus 1

"

I used the newly created file PSUserConfig.txt with the command set to "0" UseSystemStylus 0.*

*Note: after creating the PSUserConfig.txt, on the specified directory, you should restart your Photoshop and it should work.

Tablet support for Photoshop on Windows 8

The credit goes to the guys from Adobe Support for the method. I just found it, tested it and it seems it really works on a  Wacom Pen & Touch Bamboo Tablet.

Hope it works for you too!

Cheers,

C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for this workaround! It does the trick but the downside is that it completely ignores the wacom settings. From touch strip / button configuration to sensitivity curve. And yes, 1,5 year later and this modifier popup issue persists.

Edit: I was wrong, though in my case it seems that photoshop ignores some WACOM settings and keeps others. The sensitivity configuration worked though after restarting both the wacom service and photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy solution that fixed something I've been trying to fix all afternoon in seconds :'). Thank you so much! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines