• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Always click "Show All Effects."

Contributor ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use blending options on something, the next time I open blending options, I see only the options that I used the previous time and I have to constantly  click FX and then Show All Effects.

Is there any way to set this so it always Shows All Effects every time I open the box?

I use Photoshop CC 2018

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - instead choose "Reset to Default List" at the bottom of that dropdown menu. The list should remain at defaults until/unless you change the list by adding or deleting layer styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve,

Tried that too but no luck.
next time I open the blending options I only see the latest applied and I have to click "show all effects or "Reset to default list" again .
I am not the only one with that same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree the behavior seems erratic. It seems "Delete Hidden Effects" - one of the menu options - is being applied without your clicking that option.

Styles.psp is a settings file and I'm not sure what triggers that file updating, nor what data is being retained within the document vs. the setting file. If you open a New document and Show All Effects, subsequent new docs show all the effects. However when you open docs with layer styles previously applied, or make changes to the list, those differences sometimes stick in newly opened docs, but not in docs that were open, or opened before the reset.

Not at all ideal, but you could follow the below steps to have a button to click to Show All Effects. Again not ideal but easier than menu diving. I'll look into this more and file a bug or feature request when I can pin the behavior down.

1. Open a New doc and Reset to Default List and/or Show All Effects so that the list looks the way you want.
  2. Without applying any style, nothing checked, click the New Style button on the right. Rename if you want and click OK.
  3. Now applying that full list of styles will be the last button in your Styles panel.
  4. Whenever you want to Show All Effects just click that button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, indeed not ideal but for now a very smart solution 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines