• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An action that has worked on every previous version doesn't work in PS 2023

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order ro get another app to resize the image files in a folder, I have to convert the Grayscale images to RGB. I created an actioon to do thia, and it has worked on every version of PS for many years. Now, in PS 2023, it doesn't work. I created it again, and the new one doesn't work either.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't Photoshop batch resize for you?

Please clearly explain what doesn't work actually means.

If you can post a cropped screenshot of the action panel, wide enough to view all content with each step expanded to view the parameters.

Additionally posting a screenshot of your batch command settings would also be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean mean by not working is that when I press OK, having selected the origin folder and destination folder, and checked all the fileds in the window, there is a circling icon for about one second, and absolutely nothing is changed.
Here's a screen shot of the action,which worked in other versions, and which I rebuilt in 2023(it's the script that begins "Grayscale to RGB":

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 5.33.30 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you supply a screenshot of your action tasks or script that you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screen shot of the action,which worked in other versions, and which I rebuilt in 2023(it's the script that begins "Grayscale to RGB":

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 5.33.30 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you expand the close section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, but I think I solved it by trashing and reinstalling PS 2023 (twice!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @stevecagan it sounds like you took the long way around to reset your preferences.

If the problem occurs again, try going to Preferences/General and clicking the reset preferences button.

Glad you're up and running!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines