• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An Adobe CC issue like I have seen never before

Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Photoshop and other Adobe programs what seems like forever. I have ACC subscription from the moment it was available.

And now!?   Suddenly, most of the programs are not recognised by ACC any longer!

I have not changed anything on my PC (Win 10 up-to-date). Nothing, at least knowingly. I am not offered any updates any longer. In fact, ACC prompts me to install most of the programs! They are all already present on my computer and until very recently were recognized by ACC.

How does one fix this? And quickly please. I usually work with the latest updates.

Thank you

cc does not recognise my apps any longer.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences back to the factory defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.  I have "16 GB  Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz", my spare hard disk capacity is close to 1 TB. I have also reset the Photoshop preferences recently.

I am aware that 16 GB of RAM is pitiful. However, my PC does not support more than 16 GB.

I'd love to have a new computer with at least 32 GB of RAM, and, just as importantly, a decent graphics card.

Very sadly, as a not well-to-do pensioner, this is simply not possible. My ACC subs are squeezing my budget already tremendously. I have used Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign and all the peripherals for over 2 decades. I don't want to have to miss them. Also Bridge, Acrobat Pro and the Beta versions of Photoshop and Illustrator. Love the Photoshop Beta.  As a keen photographer, I use PS just about daily, and the other two rather often. How come most of my programs are quite suddenly and out of the blue, not recognised by ACC any longer? There must also be some other reason. All was fine until about 2 weeks ago.

Looking forward to your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help so far! I have found some confusion and I really don't want to do the wrong thing.

credentials II.png

These are the instructions

credentials.jpg

And this is what I find.  Can't find Adobe User Info as instructed.

My question is now: Do I delete all those entries? If not, which one(s) should I delete.

Thank you once again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAVE I OFFENDED ANYONE. NO FURTHER ASSISTANCE COMING TO THE FORE!

I AM STILL NOT SUCCEEDING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to just sign out and back in again? That fixes 99% of licensing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I had done that before with no positive result.

Nonetheless, I have signed out and signed in again. Afraid Status Quo remains. No luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the link Ged posted, this is the one to delete:

CC.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, thank you for your assistance. I was totally sure that this is it and all will be fine.

Sadly, for both of us, it is not. Didn't make any difference.

I am wondering whether "something" did go wrong, sometime, somewhere. I came across many Adobe folders in all sorts of locations. To me, as a layperson, it simply seems a mess.

Would it not be an idea to uninstall all apps that are on my PC (with the exception of Creative Cloud desktop?) and reinstall all that I require, afresh? Then everything could follow the correct path.

Sorry to be a pain, but I got to get all apps functioning including updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not a "pain" at all, we're here to try and sort out the issue.

If you think you have a mess, maybe it's time to use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to uninstall Photoshop and reinstall it again: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, at this point I would uninstall everything (including the CC desktop app) and reinstall. It seems something got really stuck here, so the cleaner tool may be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day

I wanted to start this note with YIIPPPEEEHHHH. Got my apps back and all seem to work just fine.

Then I noticed that my Beta apps had not been deleted and therefore I could not reinstall them to make them installable/updateable. I tried a few things following some of the suggestions. No luck. This getting rather nerve-wracking. I'd like to ask for more help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did you use the Cleaner Tool to delete all the Adobe applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did indeed. In fact, I followed all instructions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@joziG That screenshot shows Beta apps available for download, it doesn't show already installed apps.

You're just in the wrong tab in the CC application! You're here:

beta.png

- but you want to be here:

all_apps.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps, we are talking at cross-purposes.

When I followed all the instructions suggested in this thread, all my "standard" apps were deleted as planned. After that I reinstalled all my currently required apps. They are all working fine and they are the current versions. So far, so good.

Consequently, I found that my Beta apps where NOT deleted as the "standard" versions were! Cross-checking with the ACC desktop app, I noticed that I sat with the same problem as with the "standard" apps before. ACC could NOT "see" the already installed (and, inadvertently, not uninstalled with the Cleaner tool) Beta apps on my PC. Ergo, exactly the identical situation as before, just this time round it is the Beta apps. Aaaaargh! It has become nightmarish.

What would happen if I were to simply install the Beta apps. Would I end up with 2 Photoshop Beta etc, or would the ones already extant on my PC be overwritten. I do hope you can follow my conundrum! I feel like throwing the towel in by now, but I am entitled to all the apps available to me with my subs plan.

I apologise for the length of this post, I don't know how to explain all this in any shorter manner.

We live in different time zones which makes timeous replies a little difficult

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day

Is there a way to escalate this matter? It is simply going on for too long. I require my apps and everything that is associated with them in a tip top and current condition.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still confusing. Please show screenshots of exactly where you see beta apps on your system. You haven't done so until now, you're just telling us they are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you uninstall the Beta version of Photoshop (v25.1) using the Cleaner Tool and install the latest version which is now version 25.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have given this problem a big break. I have done EVERYTHING suggested here. I am STILL NOT PROBLEM FREE.

I eventually got PS beta to be recognised by the desktop app and I keep on getting updates which I install. Great!

But, PS beta crashes within a few seconds of opening. Every time. I have sent dozens and dozens error reports. Nobody ever comes back to one!

z photoshop error.png

Well, I am stuck. Still and again. I feel like a pariah. Adobe has been making enough money out of me!

Nothing more to be said. Quite a few responses here were more than condescending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta versions are for testing purposes and are liable to be uncertain in their use. As I mentioned, it's best to use a stable version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am well aware of what beta means. Adobe did not have to teach me that.

I have used Photoshop beta right from its availability. I have not had any problems worthwhile talking about.

And, hey, yes I am also using plain vanilla Photoshop. Never managed to be on the dumb side.

I have always liked experimental stuff. I am quite an experimental sort of a person.

To your curt reply, a rather frustrated one from myself.

SURELY A SOLUTION CAN BE, AND SHOULD BE FOUND. I am not only frustrated by now, I am also annoyed. Perhaps I should speak to the dedicated evangelist for Photoshop

BTW, I am 72 years old, I have always worked in various sectors of the graphics and associated industries, I have always been an early adopter etc. I expect a heck of a lot more respect. Not because I am 72 years old. I consider myself very experienced, I have attended all Adobe events available in my country and heaven knows what all else. I am not a lazy good-for-nothing who just ambles through life.

You, the other experts, and Adobe, owe me an apology

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No further comments from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines