• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchor points and video files.

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to use anchor points when editing videos in photoshop to manually resize the video and clip it to my layers... now today apparently I can't. I'm unable to drag the file and I'm also not allowed to move the needle along the timeline. 

I'm so frustrated... I don't recall touching anything. It was working yesterday and now today, not so much.

Hopefully someone can help.
- Shelby

Attaching a file of one of my projects, and everything looks fine. But I'm suddenly unable to resize the video on my layer. Again, it worked yesterday, and now today it's not working...ghdfg.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think.... I managed to figure a way around my problem. couple extra steps, but I managed to find out how to move video anchor points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Care to elaborate on what you did? I would have suggested to remove the filters and/ or use a larger image. This looks like a hardware acceleration issue. Fiddling with those options like turning off native canvas and updating your graphics driver may also improve the situation.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did just update my driver (because I'm terribly forgetful for checking for updates.) and it didn't seem to fix the issue. 

I'll try to explain my process as painless as possible lol! I am making icons, which requires the PSD and usually (for years) the way I'd make icons from episodes of things or movies, would be that I take the video file, open it in photoshop, I drag it over to the PSD and use the anchor points to size it down to fit the base I had made. Up until today there was no issue with that method. 

Now when I try and resize the video file, it tells me I need to convert to a smart object, which, I did, and it seems to have fixed the issue. I don't know if there was just a photoshop update that was messing with my methods. But it needless to say it frustrated the heck out of me but I think I managed to find a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines