• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation effect

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I’ve never used Photoshop for animation and I have only ever used it for basic things I am trying to teach myself to use it. I am looking to create some art for various projects and as an intro/outro clip for YouTube. I’m trying to create something like this

ALCHEMY ENGLAND E374 DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS EAR-WRAP INSTRUCTIONS - YouTube

As you see it’s an iridescent “petrol on water” rainbow type effect etc. Any tips or suggestions what i might do to begin creating a similar effect? I am kinda lost as to where I should even begin so any help advice or tips would be great, thanks in advance everybody.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this video I made some time ago which shows how to create animations and fading effects in Photoshop:

Create Slideshow of Images in Photoshop CS6 - YouTube

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like there are three or four layers.

Bottom Layer: The colorful movement in the letters.

Next Layer up: A black background with the letters cutout so that one can see the colorful layer below it.

Top layer: The black effect with fluid motion

However, I do not think you can do this all in Photoshop.  I think you might have to use software that allows you to create animation or videos.   Animate CC, After Effects, Premiere, etc. 

I do not think you can do this alone in Photoshop.  You can build the text layer that I mentioned in Photoshop or Illustrator... but I think the rest has to created in another program.

If that makes sense.

Ask in the Animate CC and After Effects forums as well.  As I think you might find a answer there from someone doing Motion Graphics!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that makes sense to me. I do also have Ae and Sony(Magix) Vegas Pro i figured that Photoshop is much easier to understand than a complex programme like After Effects. Thanks for your answer and suggestions and i will post in the other forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with KShinabery212. Any more complex animations would be done in Animate of After Effects but you can easily create animations with fading effects and movement in Photoshop

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try this

Create a black background

Add your text in a text layer

Add an empty layer and colour it but not completely - with random strokes. Alt click on the border between the coloured layer and the text layer so that the layer clips and the colour only affects the text. Set blend mode to Linear Dodge (add)

Add another empty layer and repeat with random strokes in a differerent color. Clip that to the layer below and set blend mode to linear dodge add

Add another with a few black strokes - leave blending mode as normal

Put each of the color layers into a smart object (right click on the layer and choose convert to smart object)
Open the timeline and create a video timeline

Click the clock next to the Transform and then add keyframes, and rotate each of the colour layers in different directions. I also keyframed variations in opacity.

Quick and dirty version below

Letters.gif

I hope that gets you going

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your time making this tutorial and your answer. Thank ya again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer and suggestio and your video link, I’ll check it out I’m sure it’s of benefit to me, thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like KShinabery212 said, you'll probably have better luck getting closer to that effect using After Effects. I'd recommend taking a look through Andrew Kramer's tutorials on Video Copilot to see if there's one that comes close--maybe something like 78. Energy Wipe. He gives great instructions and provides project files. Check it out and good luck! https://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that I will check that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another example of this type of animation can be seen in the various season intros for the cartoon Archer.

FX Archer Intros (Season 1-8) - YouTube

Archer Danger Island (season 9) intro - YouTube

Various layers... a black background animation happening behind and overcast shadows as well.  Granted this is even more complicated.... but hey once you learn what you are trying to accomplish... the sky is the limit you can take that new found skill and create something really dynamic.

Just thought I woudl share as I think this is similiar and fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that I’ll check those links out, it can be quite overwhelming with programmes like these knowing where to begin and stuff. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines