Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another Test Post

Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a typical screen shot grabbed with Greenshot, and is 762 X 1160 pixels

Thumbs are set to large in Panel Options because that makes it much easier for the person asking the question to understand.

I sometimes use half a dozen or more screen shots like this in a single post, as do many other regular forum posters.  One of those regulars tells me that this will be downsized, and that we won't be able to click to expand.  Lets find out.

clipboard_image_0.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that worked fine.  I get the zoom icon when hovering over the image, and when I right click and copy, it has the original size in the clipboard.  I was told this wasn't working but it seems to be OK

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, When I tried to enlarge your images, they wouldn't enlarge, only Trevor's would - another bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So try this one Trevor - It should be 1920 x1080

First pasted

clipboard_image_0.png

Second with image button

2019-09-13_12-12-49.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crap, I hit the wrong reply button. Dave, the zoom in feature only worked on Trevor's first image. I could not zoom in on yours. Selecting copy image produce small sizes on both.

Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which makes me wonder if anything above a certain pixel size is scaled down permanently (rather than just for display as did the old Jive forum)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I found is (in Firefox) your first image will not enlargen no matter what you do, but the second image will if you right-click on it and choose "View image". It takes you to a new page with a scaled version of the full-size image with the cursor becoming a magnifying glass; click on that and you get the full-size image. Seems unnecessarily complicated, don't you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use View Image (in Firefox) it opens the scaled version but no magnifying glass. If instead I use Save Image - I can download the image but the download has been reduced from 1920 x1080 to 999 x 562px

This is confirmed in the Image info which shows the on screen display of 892x592 scaled from 999 x 562 whereas the uploaded image was 1920 x 1080

clipboard_image_0.png

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Not the behavior I'm experiencing. The first screenshot shows a scaled version (1,194×672) with magnifying glass I get when right-clicking "View Image".

Screenshot 1.png

The second screenshot shows the downloaded (after clicking on the magnifying glass) full-sized image in my file manager — all 1920x1080 of it.

Screenshot 2.png

You only get the magnifying glass I'm alluding to when you first click on the magnifying glass over the image as posted on this page. Is that at all clear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gawd, no, it is not at all clear. Try this: click the magnifying glass on this page. The image(s) open up in an overlay. Right-click on the resulting scaled image in the overlay to access "View Image". Click on the magnifying glass in that image to get full-sized image. Download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Yes that works and you can actually miss a step. It's still a bit of a palaver though. To confirm the steps:

a. Click on the magnifying glass in the forum image (which opens in a new frame)
b. Right click and choose view image - the image appears larger (although still not full size)
c. You can now either right click and save image at original full resolution  

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, your pasted image won't enlarge for me.  The uploaded via image widget can be right clocked and copied, and retians its 1920x1080 size.  My image in the first post was just pasted from clipboard directly to the forum with Ctrl V.  Windows 10 and Chrome.  I wonder if different rules apply to the original post in a thread?  

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I can copy this back to Photoshop and it remains full size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor
I'm using Firefox here. If I just right click and "copy image" or "save image as" I get a 400px x 225 px version of your "2560 x 1440" picture.
If I  first click on the magnifying glass, which opens the image in a new frame, then copy image or save image, I get a 2500px x 1406 px version  of your picture

Edit to add : Switching to Chrome browser gave me the same results

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plot thickens..
I tried to help another user today who had attached two images in their post (a before and an after). Both had been downsized in the post so I tried the method above to open enlarge then view and enlarge the full versions. I was not able to do so for both - only one.
Therefore I am attaching two images here - both 3000 x 2000 to see if both can be viewed and downloaded at that full size.SFTW62IcySea.jpgSFTW60Plantpots.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gets worse.
I could only download one of the images at full size. The other only at reduced size.
When I uploaded those images, both had an embedded sRGB color profile. On download the profile has been stripped but also the copyright information in File info has been stripped as well as the author name and the file creation date has changed to todays date.
For a forum of a company that deals in image making - this is shocking!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Testing the metadata stripping

withprofile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Pete - let me know if I can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines