• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any tips on cleaning up the textured floor in this Photo?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping to get some tips about how make make this floor look not to beat up. I've attempted color range adjustment/masking, but it hasn't worked so well. I'd ideally like the whole floor to look similar to the area at the bottom right (under the front end of the machine). I have had success with sampling a small patch of the area under the machine and warping it to overlay the current beat-up flooring area, but its taking forever (I've only gotten about a 1/3 of it done), so I was hoping for a better suggestion on how to do this and still make it look realistic. TEST.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend first using the Spot Healing brush to remove the darkest splotches.

Then make a selection of just the flooring and add a Curves adjustment layer. Making the selection first will automatically add a layer mask to it so that the adjustments only apply to the floor. 

MyraFerguson_0-1718815200125.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frequency separation, then curves to lighten the black marks, then spot healing/clone to clean up what's left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove tool to clean up the grid first:

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1718822877818.png

Then dupe the floor onto its own layer and inverse the image to "highlight" the grid:

kevinstohlmeyer_1-1718823028940.png

The use Layer blending modes to blend the highlights to the original floor:

kevinstohlmeyer_2-1718823272429.png

I used Color Dodge at 60%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An even simpler option would be to find a clean diamond plate pattern to inlay into the image with a mask.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1718823945452.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines