• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to create a text baseline wiggle?

Participant ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there! I'm wondering if there is any way to create an automatic "text baseline wiggle" in Photoshop. I would like to simulate a young child attempting to write on the lines in a diary (but struggling to, so some letters go a little over the line, some a little under.) Otherwise, I would need to create a new type layer for every single letter, and nudge them individually!

Thank you,

Austin 🙂

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick search kicked up this:

https://github.com/cmuratori/primepussify

Info on saving/installing script code here:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/11/downloading-and-installing-adobe-scripts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you could draw a jagged line with the Pen Tool. Switch to the Type Tool and then click on the path to create text that is attached to that path. This is all still dynamic and you can continue to edit both the text and the path. I'm happy to provide more details if needed.

capture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Otherwise, I would need to create a new type layer for every single letter, and nudge them individually!"

By the way, you can select individual letter and use Set the baseline shift from Window > Character panel.

I will suggest to try script suggested by @Stephen_A_Marsh in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try doing it using a font, something like these, https://www.fontget.com/discover/kids-handwriting/

Otherwise, using type on a path with give more control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines