• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applescript user input crop placement

Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been searching for a solution to this for a while but cant find one.

I am creating a semi automatic image editing script using applescript.

I would like the script to run up until it reaches the crop action. then it creates a 1000x1000px crop box but lets the user position this box once the user hits enter and the crop is made the script carries on running.

The only kind of input i can find is dialogs.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kai

p.s I am using CC

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is possible I have done this in the past when I used AppleScript… You will need to use the do javascript command and pass it a string or file…

The code to do this can be recorded with the scriptlistener plug-in you just need to set the dialog boolean to ALL

Im at work so I don't have my old code to hand… it may be here in an old post though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate ill give it a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can easily create interactive cropping actions as well using a Photoshop action in your apple script after your script sets the 1000px by 1000px selection.. A single transform selection step rotated 180 degrees with the action step dialog turned on should do.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines