• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply Image > Frequency Separation "not working"

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able in the past to create a frequency separation layer, but it no longer works???

Image> Apply Image>Blending:Subtract, Scale:2, Offset:128, and now all I get is a gray completely flat image with zero detail.

I've done this in past a few times with no errors and gray scale images with detail for retouching, but now it no longer works???

Using iMac 2017, OS 10.13.6, Photoshop CC 2017.1.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an official Adobe feature, but rather something (IIRC) that originally popped up on Model Mayhem of all places. There is no one golden process, you have to get it figured out by yourself.

I've been using on numerous different computers over the last ten years or so since the technique came out and it always works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sara23783846kcxe wrote:

are dumb or something theyare clearly telling you that its not a steps problem,

Are rude or something, over the years, history has clearly shown that 90% of the time this is a user issue with incorrect steps or application.

Again, I ask that someone provide an action and image that clearly demonstrates the issue that others can reproduce.

The onus is clearly on those saying that there is a problem to provide evidence of the problem, when for the majority of users there is no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@sara23783846kcxe 

are dumb or something theyare clearly telling you that its not a steps problem,

By @sara23783846kcxe

Keep your language civil.

Those experiencing issues have repeatedly been asked for screenshots which demonstrate the issue. So far, no-one has done so. If a problem cannot be replicated then it cannot be fixed. 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC you use different settings for 16-bit and 8-bit images.

I have an action saved and have NEVER once (tens of thousands of images) gotten the result you get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@YamesSaves wrote:

@Stephen_A_Marsh
The original post/question is over a year old, and if you had read though the messages after I updated CC Suite the problem was fixed.

You are correct that this is an old topic thread. Others beside yourself have posted both problems and suggested solutions in this topic thread.

If you had read through the messages you would have seen that both Dave and myself were replying to Doctorawd's post from 2 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines