• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying 2D PNGs to 3D Model

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I was hoping someone here who knows how to use the 3D suite a bit better than I do can weigh in as ive been stumped on this. I have a client who has provided a .obj scan of themselves, and would like to map out future tattoos, provided as .png's. I have been able to manually apply the PNG's to areas of the scan, by merging down into the 3D layer, but this seems to be a permanent application, while my client would like to be able to move the images around.

In essence, my question is how I can move flat images around on a 3d model and have them wrap to the model - without merging it? 

Any help or alternative methods for this would be much appriciated! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not use Photoshop for this. 3D is deprecated and being removed.

You could try any 3D application which allows placement of a texture onto a surface. That would include Substance stager and Substance Painter.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any reccomendations for softwares which may have these capabilites?

Best,

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add, any softwares which may be open source or free so that I could collaborate with my client?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Blender is free, powerful, and will allow you to apply surface textures to a 3D object as well as render the output. It does have a steep learning curve, but there are lots of tutorials on line

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines