• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Art prints are printing cropped and dark despite setting changes in photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to print my digital art onto 8 x 10 paper. I have done this before and have had no issues but when I'm trying now the image is printing out cropped and the colors are all significantly darker. My printer can do edge to edge printing so that isn't a problem here. I've changed paper settings, color management settings, borderless vs border... and I keep getting the same results. I've reinstalled the printer and software too. I just don't understand how I'm using the same files/paper/printer/settings as I usually do but am not getting the same result. Any insight would be SO helpful!

The photo below is an example. Print on the right is what it is supposed to look like, print on the left is what I'm getting right now (darker colors and cropped on the bottom).

IMG_3598.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some additional info:

My printer is an Epson ET 8550

I'm printing on red river 60lb premium matte plus 

These prints were created on a canvas size of 8 x 10

Print settings I usually use and have been trying:

Screenshot 2024-06-07 at 9.53.29 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-07 at 9.53.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1 - Why is the document untagged? You always need to make sure there is an embedded color profile. Without it, the file is undefined.

2 - Why are you using a generic gamma 1.8 printer profile? You need to use the correct profile for that specific paper/printer/ink. Red River will provide this profile. They will also tell what to set as media type in the printer driver with this paper. That controls the total amount of ink. Finally, turn off color management in the printer driver to avoid double profiling.

3 - You need to calibrate your display to match printed output. Monitor white needs to be a visual match to paper white. The actual numbers will vary with your working environment, but is usually somewhere in the vicinity of 100 - 120 cd/m². You set this target in your calibrator. But it can also be done manually - if it looks right, it is right. They just need to match visually, so that you see paper white on screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines