• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ArtBoard Puzzle

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Im using Artboards to design my Instagram. I would like To do the square artboards (tiles) next to each other and please my object overlapping the different dartboards.

So for instance 1 picture is placed half on the left dartboard and half on the right artbord. So it looks like one big photo chucked into puzzle pieces. Photoshop sees the different artboards as if they where lose canvases. Id like photoshop to see them as one Canvas.

I know there are workaround like make a canvas 5750x7680 and slice it up in 1920x1920 squares but I like to know if its possible to move an object over two or more artboards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you would have to duplicate the object and put one in each artboard. You're better off using vector masks to accomplish what you want to do. Set up a guide layout to create evenly spaced vector masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Erikb,

Here is a tutorial that might help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9LBtUEml8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I follwed this tutorial some what and it helped me a lot. This is excatly what I mean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find it useful to make the artboards have a transparent background. Then you can place a single copy of your artwork underneath the artboards and you will be able to see each part of the artwork in each artboard.

Not sure if this helps or not, but it might.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

erikb32203768

Was your issue resolved? If so, please update the forum so that we can continue to troubleshoot with you if needed.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines