Exit

Auto-Blend Layers not working

Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.1.1

MacOS 10.15.3

I select two .jpg layers which are stacked then select Auto-blend layers but it does not create a third merged layer. Is this a known issue?Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 8.55.19 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Did you use »Content-Aware Fill Transparent Areas« previously but have it unchecked this time? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you expect otherwise?  

Quote from »photoshop_reference.pdf«: 

»Use the Auto-Blend Layers command to stitch or combine images with smooth transitions in the final composite image. Auto-Blend Layers applies layer masks as needed to each layer to mask out over or underexposed areas or content differences. Auto-Blend layers is available only for RGB or Grayscale images. It does not work with Smart Objects, video layers, 3D layers, or background layers.«

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use »Content-Aware Fill Transparent Areas« previously but have it unchecked this time? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey photoshop person who works at there so when I try to auto blend layers when I do everything it doesn't do it but when I select the background while trying to auto blend it does it but I don't want to blend the background with my photos can anyone help me please I have wanted to auto blend face's for so long but I can't rn so photoshop please help send m an email or something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers")

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

and post meaningful screenshots including the Layers Panel. 

»I have wanted to auto blend face's for so long«

Are you sure you know what auto blending does in Photshop? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines