Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Auto open photos in Photoshop and not Preview

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new Mac and I cannot figure out how to get it to automatically open my photos in Photoshop vs Preview. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select a file and then use File > Info or contextual click on the file and select Info. You'll have a dropdown menu to change the default app from Prevew to Photoshop. You may need to repeat for other formats. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right mouse click on a file and choose "Get Info". In the "Open with" section is a dropdown that allows you to choose a different application. Below that is a "Change All" button that states "Use this application to open all documents like this one."

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines