• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto recovery set to save every 5 mins. Recovered file is 45 mins olds

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If my Automatic Recovery is set to every 5 mins then why am I getting a recovered after a crash that's 45 mins old?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have enough available HD space to host the recovery files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plenty of free space, at least 1.5tb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the file was saved by you at least once since opening the session?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was working on the file all day with multiple saves. When I was crashing due to a stuck at 0% save I went into the tempfolder and found the files and duplicated it onto the desktop. I saw the date/time modified and knew I was in trouble. Can you please help with this stuck at 0% saving problem? I'm using 23.4.2 on Mac OS12.5 M1 Ultra 128GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In most cases this appears to be related to MacOS security and permissions.

And to cover the basics: never save directly to an external drive, never save directly over a network (server/NAS).

This doesn't sound like an actual application crash, just a shutdown/exit, so the recovery file will be (correctly) deleted on exit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you've given Photoshop Full Disk Access in Mac OS preferences/Security and Privacy and like @D Fosse said - don't save directly to an external source. Mac OS has gotten significantly worse with newer OS and external drive and server permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines