• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically fill photoshop file with input.

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a school project i would like to create automated products based on a design. We have several types of products like a cycling shirt and jacket. Now these 2 products have the same design on the front which is a smart object and a basic color for the sleeves and sides. The design for the front contains a pattern/design and a logo. 

Is there any way to automatically put the design in that smart object of several products. Also, I am curious if it is possible to adjust the color in multiple psd files at once.

Should it not be possible I am curious what the fastest way for this could be.

Templates

PSD screenshot shirt.png

PSD screenshot jack.png

Design

Design.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: No and no. You have to save presets and replace the content individually. If this is realyl a regular requirement, you might consider setting this up e.g. in InDesign which supports actual externally linked files and each of your products could simply be a page in the document.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your design I'm guessing you are studying at PIH? If so: I went there as well! 😄

There is more information required to give you a good answer and imho you need a different approach.

However, placing an image inside or modifying colors of a document is easy via extendscript/uxp.

Your current setup is limiting you to achieve that though.

• Why use smart objects?
  • You have masks on layers that have content that has the same shape as the masks, is this needed? Why?
  • What will the document be used for? (3D mockup, send to a printer, x, y, z,...)

If you don't use smart objects, but you keep the masks, you can more easily modify layer contents. (screenshot below)

jefbr_0-1673453392117.png

HOW to do it...

- Use ExtendScript or UXP to write a script.

- Use standardized names in your design documents and your product template documents

- setup your design documents so their size/shape matches as best as you can

- In the script, target your layers via the standardized names, swap the template content by loading the content from your design document(s)

- drink a zjatte kaffie & relax

Not an easy 5m task though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your input. I am studying in amsterdam and am actually more of a ux designer. Now we want to improve the customer experience for this project by easily generating the 3D.

We want to use the designs as display in the design document and for on the website.

I had not heard of extendscript or uxp before. I am going to look into it. Fortunately I have some experience with programming so that will come in handy here.

Genoeg zjatte koffie en dan moet het goedkomen. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines