Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automation Plugin: Problems with Shutdown/Quit on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2007 Aug 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've created an automation plugin similiar to the listener-plugin example in the sdk and I'm poping up a modal dialog when receiving the shutdown message/call from photoshop. When I quit Photoshop, the dialog shows for about 1-2 secs then vanishes and photoshop crashes. On the other hand, on windows the shutdown process is halted until I dismiss the dialog by button, just as I expected from a modal dialog (and then photoshop exits normaly).
I also tried to receive the eventQuit notification, put this event never ever seems to be sent by the host (both on win & mac).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Marc
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2007 Aug 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No ideas anyone?
Basicly I want my plugin to behave like Photoshop when a 'dirty' file is still open and the uses quites the app. I want to pop up a dialog, do some conditional saving stuff and even prevent Photoshop from closing.
Is this possible at all?

Thanks,
Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2007 Aug 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not try to do anything during the shutdown except clean up after yourself in preperation for exit. Photoshop is in the middle of tear down so you can't know what resources and functionality is availabe during the shutdown sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2007 Aug 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Tom. I now use a mac os notification class to pop up my warning
message, this works fine. However I'm still lookin for a way to receive event notifications before photoshop has handled them, something like the PreTranslateMessage method from windows/mfc. Would that be possible?
Also, sometimes I miss some of the events, e.g. when closing a dirty document, photoshops asks if I want to save the doc, but I only receive the close-event, not the save-event. I noticed this seems to be the case with all events triggered indirectly, as the save event when closing a dirty doc or opening/closing/saving a doc from my auto-plugin.
So my big question is, am I doing it wrong or am I trying the impossible?

Thanks,
Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines