• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background is showing as pink instead of white

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When making a blank page, it shows the background as pink instead of white.

When I try and change it in the colour picker there is no white option available.

Can anyone advise?

Photoshop 2023 24.0.0

MacOS Montery 12.6

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Could be an issue with the display profile, how are you calibrating / profiling your display screen please?

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share screenshots? Include the whole screen. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in Quick Mask mode or have a mask applied? Quick Mask will show the canvas with a semi-transparent red overlay.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1667422200616.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be an issue with the display profile, how are you calibrating / profiling your display screen please?

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it is the colour profile, if I choose a different one it goes back to white. 
Strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe the 'offending' display profile is an LUT type, macOS requires matrix type display profiles. Set your calibration/profiling software accordingly. 

This note is from the programmers at basICColor:

"Monitor profiles in Mac OS 10.12 thru 10.15

A really good monitor profile is essential for a color correct visualisation of your pictures!

This notice is needed because Apple no longer supports LUT-type display profiles in Apple Software. The Icons and other elements on the desktop may look whacked and images in Apple ́s programs (e.g. Preview, Photos, Safari...) will not be color correct.

Browsers like Firefox aren ́t any better, just Chrome and Edge will display the correct color if color management is enabled.

Although LUT display profiles are actually an advantage with some monitors, with a high-end hardware-calibrated monitor you will see no drop in quality when using matrix-based profiles.

This is why – in MacOSX 10.12 and later – we recommend to make Matrix type profiles in basICColor display 6. If you should use other monitor profiling software – which we don ́t recommend – you may want to set the profile type to Matrix-based, if that software allows for a choice.

We’d love Apple to fix this!"

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like quickmask.  Hit the letter Q or backslash to get out of Quick Mask Mode.  

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Kevin and Bob mentioned, it's likely Quick Mask . If you prefer to use the menu to a keyboard shortcut, you can turn it off by going to Select > Edit in Quick Mask Mode. You'll also see that it was toggled on when there's a checkmark next to it in the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines