• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Basics of photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple basic questions. I write for a website, and I'd like to be able to edit the photos to take basic pictures and make them more interesting. Where is a good resource for a beginner to start?

Second question, what are the rules relating to attribution of a photo? For example, if I turn a photo from the Associated Press into a cartoon style photo, do I have to give them credit someplace? Or does it become "my own" art?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original photographer owns the copyright - however the photo is manipulated.  If you use a known photographer's photo - you should seek their agreement to using the photo and give them credit for the photo when you publish it on the web, if they agree to you using it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’d probably need to pay AP if they agree. Repeat negotiation for each photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Derivative works are a murky area of law, with interpretation, conditions and exceptions that require an Intellectual Property Attorney's advice. Remember, as soon as the image is in a fixed form (file or film for example), somebody owns the copyright. At this point it would be prudent to provide your own images or purchase stock images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines