• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Automation for placing png on transparent square problem

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi have set up an automation for creating a new square and placing a png in the middle of that square, so i can save a lot of pngs on the the same square size.

When i use my automation with the the dialog windows it works perfectly fine, but when i try to use it completely automatically it does not work.

My automation steps:

1. Create new document in 1500x1500 pixels
  2. place a png in the middle of that document
  3. save this document for web (storage optimized png)
  4. close the document without saving the psd file.

I hava screenshot of the whole automation attached below, but it is in german...
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be a translation issue between the two words: an action is an automated process that you record while doing the actual steps in Photoshop. A script is using javascript code to preform an automated process. When you record an action and save a file, the action will always use the same file name. If you use a script, you can control what file names are used. It sounds like this is the problem that you're having. Your files get overwritten when running your action. Is this what is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i use my automation with the the dialog windows it works perfectly fine, but when i try to use it completely automatically it does not work.

@Lorenzo25000279l2wx â€“ What does that mean exactly?

Are you using File > Automate > Batch menu to batch-apply the action to multiple images?

Do you have the "override action save as command" checkbox active so that any recorded filename is ignored?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/processing-batch-files.html#process_a_batch_of_files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kannst du nicht einfach den umgekehrten Weg gehen und die PNG-Datei öffnen und deren Arbeitsfläche auf die gewünschte Größe erweitern, speichern und schließen?

Und diese Aktion einfach per Stapelverarbeitung anwenden...

Alternativ kannst du auch folgendes Script testen:

https://www.computergrafik-know-how.de/alle-bilder-in-die-gleiche-groesse-mit-javascript-in-photosho...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines