• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch processing glitch - after updating to the latest version Photoshop CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An action for resizing images and setting the resolution to 72 doesn't work anymore for batches. If I close all images and try to do a batch process, it will tell me that

The command “Image Size” is not currently available.

And whatever other commands I've used aren't available.

If I have an image open while using Automate > Batch, it will only process that one image.

So either way I can't batch process anymore. Help please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

I've figured this out! Because it's batches I'm trying to process, I needed to include 'open' as the first item in the action. So basically I start with nothing selected or open, click record, go to > open and select any image and go from there. Seems so logical now, but when using an action on individual images that's not necessary, that's why I didn't include it in the action. Life can go on, hurray!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Message "command [whatever] is not currently available" is displayed when the action attempts to execute a command that is "greyed out" at the moment.

I think that there is no file open on which to apply this command: tha batch command settings and action commands are wrong or in wrong order. Please check the settings and the sequence of commands of the batch and of the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know the sequence was important; I will check on this thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could you post a screenshot with the action panel (not in button mode) showing the action set and the action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is, thanks for taking a look. I've tried with and without the save at the end

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 10.21.19 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured this out! Because it's batches I'm trying to process, I needed to include 'open' as the first item in the action. So basically I start with nothing selected or open, click record, go to > open and select any image and go from there. Seems so logical now, but when using an action on individual images that's not necessary, that's why I didn't include it in the action. Life can go on, hurray!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

marmelmar - your solution saved the day for me! Thanks 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines