• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch processing images for website

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys! The problem I am having is I guess a very common one that almost everyone is encountering while trying to do this. I have around 700+ images of laptops on both transparent and white background which I want to upload into my website as products. These pictures are very diversified. Some as small as 400x600 and some 1200x800. What I am looking for is if I can resize all of these pictures info a perfect 700x700 whith all the products having uniform distance from the edges of the canvas. I tried creating different actions but too my avail, they failed. I set the action as follows

Unlock Background -> Select Subject -> Delete Layer 0 -> Covert Layer 1 into Smart Object -> Trim Transparent Pixels-> Resize Image into 15% -> Crop the Canvas into a 1:1 ratio -> Enlarge layer 1 by 50% (For some reasons the action is noting the dimensions in pixels rather than percentage here) -> Resize image into 700x700px -> New Layer -> Fill White -> Move the layer below.

This action has been giving out distorted images back, some has the product very small and some very big. How can I do a better job here? Any help will be really appreciated.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried 

File > Automate > Fit Image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with c_pfaffenbichler that an action that uses Fit Image is what you are looking for, with a few other steps similar to this screenshot:

atn.png

This action presumes that all files will start flattened. If you have a mix of flat and layered originals, a conditional action would be best to avoid errors, as two similar but different actions would then be required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No only 1:1 Aspect image will resize perfectly into  your 1:1  700px by 700px image area.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines