• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Background for Shooting White Products

New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to take a series of photos of a large white product and cut out the background of each photo so that I can piece them together into a gif in post. If the product is white, should I use a gray background so that it's easier to edit out in photoshop? Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider two approaches to photographing the subject you described as large and white. One relates to color, and the other to lighting, and in both cases a vital consideration is crisp edge focus. Without clearly defined product edges, you are inviting trouble. 

If your choice for subject-to-surround separation is lighting, use a meter to confirm that the background white is one stop (or more) lighter than the brightest part of the product.

If your choice of subject-to-surround separation is the color of the surround, the middle gray you mentioned would work. In addition, if you use a darkish color of seamless, a major consideration is to avoid spill light -- which is a reflection of color onto to product from the background or near objects or walls.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why are you selecting GIF as the final format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines