• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Better vectorization on "Make Work Path" from a selection (vote idea)

Enthusiast ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can I ask your vote on this request to Adobe, regarding the ability of Photoshop to improve the vector path creation from a selection?

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-new-advanced-make-work-path-from-se...

This image explains it all and it shown use at least 3 algorythms to create better anchor points (still could be more 'Path options' algorythms).

And of course, it should be scripting friendly. We should be able to access this by script using our values and no panel dialog.

selection_to_path_voting.jpg

Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do your algorithms handle fathering in selection like soft edges. I see nothing in your dialog that addresses feathering. If I checked straight lines and the selection is a circle what would the resulting path look like. What are soft curves.  Your UI IMO is not the best.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good point.

I think straight lines should be only used when you really to avoid smooth points to force getting a very specific result.

For example, you have a rectangle rotates selection and you want to have the 4 point not getting any curve even tiny.

For exampe, depending on the tolerance, if the selection is a circle, it could draw from a square, hexagon, etc.

From very simplistic with few points to very complex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not need such a complex functional.

For me, the most practical would be Tolerace = 0 and straight lines. Ie, that the path is absolutely the same as marching ants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A week ago I was first who voted for your idea, however I didn't focus on it fully to see how much that would be useful for me, and now I see you got 25 votes over there Well it's good start everyone said how they would like that panel looked like and what other oprions got, so perhpas with some modifications it may be even better for many of us.

Off-topic: as I see you on Bridge Scripting Forum that might be interesting for you: https://adobebridge.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I didn't know this Bridge uservoice forum.

I have worked 7 years over Bridge, but now I am in a new project that doesn't need Bridge.

Still, I think Bridge has lots of bugs to correct and needs a more extensive library for developers.

So much hidden there!

Let's develop even more the final panel with all new elements you want to be included.

You can use the and draft it, send to me, I design the new one and I add it to the request forum on the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let's develop even more the final panel with all new elements you want to be included.

You can use the and draft it, send to me, I design the new one and I add it to the request forum on the link.

selection_to_path_voting_v2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines