Bit depth problems.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've just updated all of my CC and for some unknown reason my photoshop files seem to not want to stay at 8bit depth rate, they keep switching to 16bit (and if they are at 32bit they switch back to 16bit) I thought it might be the file so I opened a new one and low and behold it happens again, I've no idea why it's doing it and it's annoying as hell cus it's making my PC lag (whole other problem as my PC should not be lagging so I need to see why photoshop is using so much memory) could anyone help or is anyone having the same issue? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somethimng is instructing Photoshop to convert files to 16 bit. Have you checked File > Scripts > Script Events Manager which can be set to automaticaly convert documents to 16 bit whenever Open event occurs. It will be strange because you must have action or script for conversion but that is what comes to my mind. 

Another thing to check is Camera Raw > Workflow Options which will open when you click on link at the bottom of ACR dialogue, check this thread Solved: How to set preference to open files in 16 bit mode... - Adobe Support Community - 9393081

Another option is to try with preference reset what is general advice for all things weird in Photoshop Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, History, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines