Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Background

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to photoshop. So, the question may sound really kiddish.

When I am trying to create a new page. For example, I click create new and then select photo and go with default. Then I press create and a black screen pops in. When I try to put a new image, it doesn't seem to work as it only shows the black background and nothing else. Can anyone please help me?Clicked Create newClicked Create newThen Selected default and clicked createThen Selected default and clicked createThis is what pops out and I tried to put image but it didn't show anything...still the black screenThis is what pops out and I tried to put image but it didn't show anything...still the black screen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it's showing the 3D workspace, I suspect the black screen shows because of the graphics processor. Go to Edit > Preferences > Performance and in the Graphics Processor Settings if Graphics Processor isn't turned on, turn it on. If it is turned on, click on Advanced Settings... and change Drawing Mode to Basic. Your graphics card might not be supported. Here's system requirement info including which graphics cards are supported:  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I've noticed when I see a black background is that Legacy Compositing needs to be checked on. Do that and restart Photoshop. This option is in Preferences > Performance in the lower left of this screenshot.

PS 2020 Performance.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines