• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blend modes disappearing when merging/creating smart objects of multiple layers.

New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I am trying to combine multiple layers with some on 'multiply' and the rest on normal.

When I merge the layers together or convert the group to a smart object, the multiple effect works on overlapping layers, but I lose the effect of the multiply from the seperate background file. I need to background to remain seperate from the layers I am trying to merge. See photos.

I have tried from other forum suggestions

- changing from 8but to 16bit.

- Zooming to 100% before flattening/merging

- Merging layer by layer from bottom up/merging different groups of layers together etc.

- Playing with the blending options of the group and the individual layers that are on multiple

- command + shift + option + E doesnt work

Thanks heaps in advanced.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One Layer has one Blend Mode, so expecting different pixels on the resulting merged Layer to assume different blending behaviour is not realistic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's not possible. Think about what you're doing... if you merge all your layers, how would one of them still be able to multiply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines