• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush appearance Photoshop vs Lightroom

Participant ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend of mine who uses Lightroom Classic and Photoshop asked me a question recently. The adjustment brush in Lightroom has an outer circle and an inner circle so you can see the extent of the brush effect and also how hard/soft it is. Can this be duplicated in Photoshop and if not would someone like to implement it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Can this be duplicated in Photoshop"

You can create a Smart Object, apply the Camera Raw filter, then open it in Camera Raw from inside Photoshop.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good way of working thanks Jane-e but I think he was meaning more like he's prefer to see the standard brush have the same appearance as the adjustment brush in Lightroom. I see his point and think it would be useful but didn't know whether it was something that was available as a standard brush option in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I see his point and think it would be useful"

... I see your point, Nigel, and agree with you that it would be useful! 😊 As volunteers who don't work for Adobe, though, we can only tell you how the applications work. Feature requests can be made to Adobe here: 
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum. For feature requests, go to https://feedback.photoshop.com. Search for your feature request first. If it is already requested by someone else, then don't create a new thread but add your vote to the existing request.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Johan - I already followed the same link provided by Jane-e and JJMack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not supply a Plug-in for Photoshop.  All RAW file Passed to Photoshop open through ACR. ACR can use Lighrroom raw conversion settings for they both use the Same Adobe RAW conversion engine.  So in Photoshop  you will only have ACR UI available. Some have written the revised ACR 12.3 UI is more like Lightrooms UI.  I would not know I do not install lightroom.  I also would not know if the UI change made ACR brushes more like Lightroom develop module brushes.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack.

This is one reason why I thought it might not be too difficult to have the Photoshop brush have the same characteristics as in Lightroom, there are a lot of similarities between the programmes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines