• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

brush color only black

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive been using photoshot to edit certain parts of a group of photos that I want to key out later in premiere pro. I lasso the desired section I want to paint over and fill in the section to the color I desire. Ive been using a shade of purple. This has been working very well, but now it only paints in black. even when I change the color I'm using it still only paints in black. this wouldn't be a problem except for the rest of the photos having a large portion of black.

I closed one photo after it being fine, then I open the next photo and that's when the issue started.  

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I just tried to erase the black marks I made(because undo wasn't working) and the erase brush marked in the color I wanted instead of erasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When erasing on Background layer it will use Background color to fill erased areas. If you want to fill selection using Background color (purple on your screenshot) please press X to exchange background and foreground colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can see you are in RGB color mode and Foreground color is black. Can you try, aftre creating selection,  using Edit > Fill > Content: Color > color of your choice.

If problem persist try with preference reset, use manual method to drag Settings folder on the Desktop https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines