• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush keeps turning into cursor when painting

New Here ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to ""own"" Photoshop 2020 and had no issues with it. I recently purchased a subscription and I'm using the latest version, and I'm having an issue with the brush. It keeps turning into the cursor when I'm painting, and it is really annoying since I have to paint for work. Here's a video of it happening. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kECvXOZmTew

It sometimes happens less frequently, and sometimes more.

I've checked this post of someone having a similar (if not the same) issue, but the solution he was given doesn't work for me. I'm a little desperate, I hope you can help me.

I'm using the latest version (25.7.0) on a Windows 10 PC. I'm also using a XP-Pen Artist 22, if it's relevant.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rogravart What happens if you use a mouse and disconnect the XP Pen - same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't really tried much, but I don't think it happens then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is helpful and means you should check your XP Pen driver settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm late to the party. For those who have this issue by default, it's most likely your PC being too slow for Photoshop's poor optimization. Reverting to older versions is likely to fix your problem.

For those who have this issue upon creating a layer mask, click on the burger menu in the layer panel, go to Panel Option, Thumbnail Content and select Entire Document.

Tip Jar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines