• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush outline is way too large

Participant ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used Photoshop in a couple of years, and in that time I switched from a Windows computer to a Mac Mini M1 (running macOS Monterey v. 12.4). I have an Asus ProArt monitor that is a few years old and, while it works fine, I cannot change the display settings with Mac commands and Asus doesn't have a driver for M1.  I have the Apple Silicon version of Ps v. 23.4.2.

I started working with Ps again this week and notice that my brushes--both custom painting brushes and picture brushes--display a huge outline compared to the actual size of the mark. I have noticed that cursors for the other tools (e.g., Magic Wand and Eyedropper Tool) are also way large.

I don't think it's a problem with my settings.  For example, I have a brush of my initials that is 70 pixels, the only brush setting applied to it is smoothing, and the outline is about 130 pixels high.  For Preferences > Cursors > Painting Cursors I have tried both Normal Brush Tip and Full Size Brush Tip--the outsized result is the same for both.  I'm using Standard for Other Cursors.  

Is this an Adobe glitch that only applies to Apple Silicon?  I searched this forum but don't find any references to this problem.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of 

System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > Cursor 

System Preferences_Accessibility_Display_Cursor.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I love you.  Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines