• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush sensitivity, flow, opacity, and hardness are altering daily.

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having this problem as described in the title, Photoshop CC latest version, or any other,  will have brush opacity, flow, and edge hardness altered when the day changes. 

Both the tablet and software were reset and are up to date, and overall everything works.

But these visible changes will affect how they feel and not let me reliably use the tools.

It's like a luck game, turning the software daily and praying the brushes will act normal.

In 2023 this problem would never happen and I'm curious what could have changed. 

I can still use the tools and paint, but sometimes it takes more effort.

Like, today for example they feel very soft even with harder brushes.

If anyone could suggest a fix this would help me a ton. Thanks. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff, I Did reset the preferences. It didn't cause any major changes. Today I'm using version 25.3.1 and the pen pressure feels alright. 

Wish there could be a way to tell my PC or Photoshop to just "stay" and keep the settings as they are now. 

For example yesterday it was really sensitive towards the lighter end and I was getting extremely thin lines and softness when not inputting a lot of pressure. 

I will try to reset the preferences once again just to be sure... ( follow the manual for the cleanest reset of my life). 

Right now I'm using the Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and the Pro Pen 2, together with a Windows 11 PC.

Also if I reset everything and install the two most recent versions of Photoshop, the brushes will feel " too strong".

-------

Thank you very much for trying to help. I know it's hard to guess what's going on in someone else's computer without being able to look into it. 

If I ever find a fix I'll post it here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Recently after the preferences reset, I re-installed version 6.4.4-3 of the Wacom drivers, and even though some things feel different from 2023, the brushes have now a good feel every day and don't show any reasonable inconsistencies for me to notice as a problem. 

IriseFlow_0-1715866194727.png

I don't know why this happens all the other drivers on the PC are pretty much up to date and the machine only has a year. 

But all seems good.

I waited for some weeks to check if the issue was solved.

Thank you for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines