• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Settings not saving

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am having an issue with the brush settings. Every time I change something in the brush setting and then switch to another brush and back again, the setting resets to default. I have tried making brush presets too and those don't work either. If I lock a setting, it locks for all brushes. Does anyone know why this might be the case?  Sorry if this is a dumb question.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/q6evvc8iv6euga6id4xrn/Untitled-1-25-RGB_8-_-2024-03-27-12-56-52.mp4?r...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

What version of Photoshop are you running on your Windows machine? And what Operating System are you on?

For some reason, I cannot view the video you posted in Dropbox. I can see the opening screen and then it goes to nothing but I see the duration bar at the bottom moving. Can you repost it?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle,

I am running version 2024 on Windows. Here's the same video on Google Drive instead. Hopefully it'll work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BSPsxCsyEi6uxi_zfI84TAaD-SmA-KtA/view?usp=sharing

Matthew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clarification: Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

I've watched the video and I can see what you are talking about. I am wondering why all of the options in the panel disappear when you change brushes. I am on a mac, but I cannot get it to do the same thing on my version of 2024.

First, have you tried resetting the Brush tools? With the Brush tool selected, go to the options bar at the top of your screen and select the drop down arrow beside the Tool Presets. Click the gear icon on the right side of the panel and from the menu, choose Reset Tool. I would restart Photoshop and see if that changes it.

Second, have you upgraded to the latest version of 24? (Which I think is 24.7.2) If not, see if that fixes the bug.

Let me know if either of those work? If not, we can see if one of the others here who is on Windows can reproduce your issue to see if we can solve it.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe the reason the options dissapear when I click to another brush is because it unchecked the shape dynamics box. I don't see the reset tool option, but I did uninstall and reinstall photoshop and I am still having the same issue. Thank you for helping me try to fix it.

Matthew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines